May 13, 2012
Spencer Robles, LeAnn Topp, Haley Howard and Emily Zimmerman stand tall against their somewhat taller Chinese counterpart.
SHANGHAI, China — Wilmington College ended the playing portion of its China tour with a 60-42 win over Shanghai Sports University.
The Lady Quakers finish play in China with a 3-1 record.
The game was tight early as Wilmington managed a 24-23 lead at halftime against the tall Shanghai team, which featured a 6-9 center — the third straight 6-7 or taller post player the Lady Quakers had faced.
The second half, though, was all Wilmington as the Lady Quakers outscored their Chinese opponents 36-19 to post the win.
Spencer Robles led Wilmington with 16 points. Haley Howard added nine points.
“This was a great way to finish the trip. It was a nice way to rebound from yesterday's game,” Wilmington head coach Jerry Scheve saidl “I thought it was our best game of the trip, especially the second half. We shot the ball well and played with a lot of energy and enthusiasm.”
No comments yet. Be the first!
P R E V I O U S P O S T S
- And the Trip Continues
- LQB Ends China Tour With 60-42 Win
- Lady Quakers Use Bargaining Skills
- Lady Quakers Get First Taste of Defeat in China
- LQB Arrives in Shanghai
- LQB Checks Out Old China, New City and Underground Shopping
- Lady Quakers Raise China Record to 2-0
- Lessons Learned in Beijing
- Lady Quaker Basketball Goes International
- Lady Quakers Win Beijing Opener
A R C H I V E