May 11, 2012
Shown, from left, are Spencer Robles, McKenzie Kilburn and Haley Howard.
By BETHANY AHRENS
and MAKENZIE WIPPEL
Today LQB flew from the huge city of Beijing to an even larger city, Shanghai (23,000,000 people).
We got off to a slow start with a one-hour delay on the plane because of the weather. There are a lot of immediate differences that we noticed between the two cities. The biggest thing is how modern Shanghai is.
There are thousands of high rise buildings that outline the skyline of the city. Some of the buildings are businesses and hotels, and others are apartment buildings with clothes waving out of their windows.
After a late lunch we began our tour of Shanghai with a cruise along the Pudong River. This river separates the old and new parts of the city.
On this cruise we were treated like celebrities. While taking pictures on the top level of the boat, numerous people stood by us and tried to take a picture without us knowing, but they weren't very successful.
When we invited a couple to take a picture with us, dozens of others came over to have their picture taken as well. All in all our first day in Shanghai has been great.
No comments yet. Be the first!
P R E V I O U S P O S T S
- And the Trip Continues
- LQB Ends China Tour With 60-42 Win
- Lady Quakers Use Bargaining Skills
- Lady Quakers Get First Taste of Defeat in China
- LQB Arrives in Shanghai
- LQB Checks Out Old China, New City and Underground Shopping
- Lady Quakers Raise China Record to 2-0
- Lessons Learned in Beijing
- Lady Quaker Basketball Goes International
- Lady Quakers Win Beijing Opener
A R C H I V E