What are the benefits and possible outcomes of Service Learning?
- Enriched Learning
- Skill Development
- Improved self-esteem
- Feeling of “Making a Difference”
- Broadened Horizons
- Application of Classroom Knowledge
- Understanding and Appreciation of People with Diverse Backgrounds and Life Situations
- Ethical and Moral Development
- Realistic Ideas About the World of Work
- Contacts for the Future Job Possibilities
- Exploration of College Major
- Understanding the Nuances that can’t be fully explained in a book or lecture but are often the most important things to know.
|Have you thought about incorporating a service component in one of your classes? If so, check out the Faculty Workbook for more information on how to get started.||
Have you completed a service learning project for one of your classes?
Complete the Service Learning Registration form and return it to the Center for Service Learning office!
|Reflection Activities||What is Service Learning|
|What is Service Learning||Service Learning Log Sheet|
|The Different "Hats" of Service Learning|
|Service Learning Course Assistants|
|Service Learning Course Agreement|
|National Campus Compact|
|Ohio Campus Compact|