How to get involved with community service:
Volunteers sign-up for a weekly or monthly commitment ranging from 1-5 hours.
Current Project Include:
- College Club
- Harvest of Gold
- Grow Food Grow Hope
- Holmes Elementary Classroom Assistants
2) Plunge Service Projects
These are usually one-day projects, not requiring any long-term commitment. The projects range in length from 3-5 hours.
- Examples: Craft Night with Compeer, Bingo with Cape May residents, Arboretum Clean Up
3) Special Events
These projects are centered on a theme day or week and occur throughout the semester.
- Examples: Quake, Make a Difference Day, Random Acts of Kindness Week, Collegiate Relay for Life and Cardboard Village
4) Greek Community Service
These service projects are sponsored by a Greek organization and are usually geared towards a particular interest.
- Example: Human Rainbow in collaboration with the Clinton County United Way, Adopt-A-Highway, etc.
5) Residence Life Community Service
These projects are planned in collaboration with the Housing Staff members and their individual halls. Each semester, the RA’s will plan at least one project for their individual floors.
- Example: Goodies for Goblins, Special Hall Sponsored Projects