Why you should consider Wilmington's teacher education program:
1. WC is authorized to recommend 18 licenses and two Endorsements.
2. In 2013 awarded $58,875 in departmental scholarships to 32 current Education majors, averaging $1,839 per student.
3. Average 8 semester program completion rate for first-time freshmen and individualized plan to help transfer students achieve their goal with the most efficient plan
4. Ninety-four years of experience in teacher preparation and thousands of graduates
5. Affiliation with local practitioners through student Phi Delta Kappa, an international education society devoted to free, public education based on research based best practices
6. Opportunities to participate in student research, attend national and international conferences like the International Reading Association conference in Chicago 2012 and the Ohio Association for the Education of Young children Conference in Columbus, Ohio, 2013.
7. Training in conflict resolution and child abuse prevention, with emphasis on positive discipline
8. Early and sustained field placements throughout program, beginning in first year
9. Free Praxis II/Pearson O.A.E. study sessions
10. Experienced, committed faculty who provide individualized attention and mentoring