Why you should consider Wilmington's teacher education program
1. WC is authorized to recommend 18 licenses and 2 endorsements.
2. The College, In 2013, awarded $58,875 in departmental scholarships to 32 current Education majors, averaging $1,839 per student.
3. The Department has an average 8-semester program completion rate for first-time freshmen and an individualized plan to help transfer students achieve their goal with the most efficient plan.
4. Wilmington College has 94 years of experience in teacher preparation and thousands of graduates.
5. It has an affiliation with local practitioners through field placements
6. The program gives you opportunities to participate in student research and attend national and international conferences like the International Reading Association conference in Chicago, 2012, and the Ohio Association for the Education of Young children Conference in Columbus, 2013.
7. We offer training in conflict resolution and child abuse prevention, with an emphasis on positive discipline.
8. Wilmington has early and sustained field placements throughout its program, beginning in the first year.
9. Free Praxis II/Pearson OAE study sessions
10. Wilmington College has an experienced, committed faculty that provides individualized attention and mentoring.