Wilmington College Career Services
The Office of Career Services is here to help you make the connection between the work you are doing in your classes to the world of work beyond the classroom. Whether you are thinking about internships, summer jobs or work after graduation, we are here to help. Some of the ways we do that include:
- Individual conversations - also called “career counseling”. Don’t worry; you don’t need a career picked out already. These conversations can be about anything from trying to figure out what you might want to do to guidance on salary negotiation (and everything in between). To schedule an appointment click here: Appointments
- Workshops – The office will offer regular workshops on a variety of topics including, but not limited to: resume writing, cover letter writing, interview skills, getting started with internships (required of anyone planning to do a credit bearing internship), and researching career options. Please check the calendar section of WHOLElink for more information.
- Career Events – Employers are interested in meeting you and letting you know about the work they do. Throughout the year, Career Services hosts/co-hosts events where students have the opportunity to speak with professionals in a variety of fields to learn more about careers in that area.
- On-Campus Interviewing – Employers seeking interns or full time employees may choose to come on campus to interview students for open positions. Opportunities like this rarely happen after you graduate, so take advantage of on-campus interviewing opportunities. Starting in January 2014, students will be able to find On-Campus Interviewing opportunities through WHOLElink.
- On-line resources – A variety of resources on career and internship related topics can be found in WHOLElink under the Resources section in the Document Library.
- Graduate school planning – Considering graduate school? Not sure what graduate school is (or if you need to go)? The Career Services Office can help you get started as you are begin considering graduate school and direct you to resources, human and otherwise, to move to the next step.
- Internships - Internship listings can be found on WHOLElink, starting in January. Set up an appointment to start a discussion about completing an internship for credit or simply for the experience.
- Campus Jobs - Campus jobs can be found on WHOLElink starting in January. Please check there for open opportunities.
Logging into WHOLElink. If you are a current student, you may log in with your Wilmington email. If you have not set up a password for WHOLElink yet, use the forgot password option. If you are an alumna/us, please click register to set up your account.
Director of Career Services