October 03, 2012
Me drinking out of coffee thormas while walking to class On Thursdays, I'll wear Brown
- The Color brown
- Fall break
- The Westheimer Peace Symposium
- Phonathon, one of my on-campus jobs, starts
- Searching for Peace exhibit at the Quaker Heritage Center
- Old friends that are alumni returning to campus
- Going home for my brother’s wedding at the end of the month
- Walks in the Arboretum
- Hay Rides
- Butternut Squash
- Vegan Pecan Pie
- Dressing as a Lifeguard For Halloween
- Vegan Hot Chocolate
- Wearing Sweatpants and not having anyone judge you
- Walking around with a thermos full of coffee
- The October breeze on a Sunday morning
- Watching scary movies in friends dorm rooms
- October inspired Dates
- Date plums
- Remember to wear a light jacket
- Forgetting its cold and going outside without a jacket
- Everywhere has pumpkin flavored beverages and foods
- The goodie box that my sister sends every year
- Children coming to campus to trick or treat
- Not having to stress about finales yet
- Having your class, work, and club schedules memorized
- Trying to understand why this weather is so confusing
- Feeling like it's ok to go to a coffee shop everyday
- Pastoral Care Week
- October 18, No Beard Day
- Telling my roommates Happy October
- Talking to my roommates about how much I love Halloween
- Telling people what they should be for Halloween
- Trying to figure out what "Sweetest Day" is
- Making roommates and friends celebrate "Sweetest Day"
- Make a Difference Day
- Sweet Potatoes
- Pumpkin Carving
- Pumpkin Painting
- Smashing Pumpkins
- Getting ready for No-Shave-November
- Realizing that by this time every year I have made at least 10 new friends
- Not having to see people in shorts
- Gaining that fall weather weight
- Watching leaves fall
- Wearing Brown
That’s why I love October
Why do you love October?
No comments yet. Be the first!
October 31, 2011
Another Halloween Photo
Contributed by Brad Fuller
The month of October has flown by, and it may have been the busiest month I can remember. However, tomorrow will bring a new month and time for a fresh start. Halloween weekend was great for me to go home for a while and just relax. Even though my house is about ten minutes from campus, I rarely have time to go home; I think it was the third time I’ve been home since school started. This week will be much more relaxed than last week for me, and I will be playing in our table tennis tournament on campus tomorrow evening without worrying about the homework I should be doing!
Today also marked the start of new athletic training rotations. This month, I am back on campus with the indoor track team, who I will be with until winter break. Which reminds me, winter break is in sight! Over break, I’ll be going to Blanchester High School (where I did my Friday night football rotation) and working a big wrestling tournament simply for the experience. It will be a great learning experience for me because I have never even been to a wrestling meet. If November goes as fast as October did, break will be here before I know it.
No comments yet. Be the first!
October 30, 2011
Part of the way I keep my life organized
Contributed by Brad Fuller
The past week may have been one of the longest of my college career: I had two clinical assignments in Dayton (each of which lasted 5 hours plus the drive), three nights of duty for being a Resident Assistant, Three hall activities that I hosted, two tests, and more to come next week. What is my point in telling you this? I’m not trying to say I have the toughest schedule at Wilmington College or that I deserve a break or anything, I’m saying that time management skills become crucial in college. On top of the events, you still need time to eat, sleep, exercise, and sports if you choose to participate in them. The student planner is no longer used for hall passes (at least that’s what it was used for at my high school). The planner or another calendar is essential for keeping track of everything. I personally used iCal, the built in calendar application on my MacBook. I prefer to type my events to writing them, but this method does not work for everyone. When you block out time for everything (including some leisure time), college life is much less stressful! Poor time management can make the experience much more difficult than it needs to be, which no one needs to have happen. This is a skill I am still working on, and hopefully it continues to improve the remaining of this semester and next!
Welcome to the Wilmington student blogs, where several students contribute to this column.
P R E V I O U S P O S T S
A R C H I V E
B L O G S B Y T A G, #MLKday, Academics, academics, Application, Art, AT, ATC, Athletes, Athletic Training, athletic training, athletics, beowulf, Break, Busy, camp joy, Cincinnati, class, coffee, Coffee, cold, college, community, Community Garden, cosi, Cycling, Dayton Sports Medicine Institute, Downtown Wilmington, Dr. Stromberg, DSMI, education, escape, Events, Fitness, Fitness Challenge, Fixed Gear, Fixie, food, Food, food pantry, football, Friends, Friends Committee National Legislation, Fun, Halloween, headline, HoliDazzle, Homecoming, homepage, honors, injustice, Jungle Jim's, learning, Local, Local Business, Martin Luther King, McCoy, miniature golf, Murphy Theater, Music, music, nick drake, Nutrition, October, Ohio, peace, Peace, programming, putt putt, quakers, Quakers, Relay for Life, relief, Residence life, Rest, Schedule, scholarship, school, seminar, service, sleep, snow, Sports Nutrition, Spring Break, students, Study, sugartree ministries, sushi, Sweetest day, Table tennis, Table Tennis, teamwork, Thanksgiving, The Program, Time management, top20, vegan, Volunteer, Volunteer Opportunities, Volunteers, War, Watson Library, weather, Wellness, wellness, Wilmington College, wilmington college, winter, Workout