The Biology Minor
The Biology Minor is available for students who wish to major in another field of study but who also would like to explore the field of biology in depth and have those explorations recognized on thier official record. Requirements for the minor are shown below.
A total of 28 hours with grades of "C-" or better is required. Courses other than those offered only as pass/no pass may not be taken on a pass/no pass basis for this minor.
Credit hours for each course are shown in parenteses.
- BIO231 Introduction to Cell Biology (4)
- BIO232 Life Processes in Higher Organisms (4)
- BIO440 Reseach and Seminar I (4)
- ENV133 Introduction to Ecology and Environmental Studies (4)
- ENV420 Environmental Resource Management and Conservation (4)
- MTH 162 Statistics for Science Students (4)
- 8 hours of BIO courses at the 300 or 400 level (except BIO380, BIO399 or BIO460).
- Proficiency exam during the sophomore and senior year.