Each and every student accepted into the athletic training program receives a $5,000.00 athletic training scholarship that's paid over three years. Students are given $1,500.00 their sophomore and junior years and $2,000.00 their senior year. Wilmington College acknowledges the fact that Athletics is greatly served through the clinical hours of AT majors. With Wilmington's hands on approach, our athletes sports medicine needs are well served. Were not selective about who gets the scholarship like some programs are. Everyone in the program receives this awesome benefit. We also encourage students to apply for financial aid. Approximately 95% of our students receive some form of financial aid or scholarship from federal, state or Wilmington college resources.
There are also many scholarship opportunities available to students through professional athletic training associations. Each year our staff will assist eligible students with the application process for these specific scholarships. Many of our students have received local, regional and national athletic training scholarships ranging from $500 to $2,500. Listed below are the links to more information about specific AT scholarships.
Wilmington College Athletic Training has won numerous awards over the years. The students and faculty strive to do their best as indicated by the long list of award winners shown below.
- 1996, Jennifer Walker-Judy 97', NATA Foundation Scholarship
- 1997, Linda Tecklenburg '96, Eddie Wojecki Achievement Award, for scoring highest in the nation on the BOC exam
- 1998, Larry Howard awarded the WC Distinguished Faculty Award
- 1998, Chanda Alborn 98', Awarded an NATA Foundation Scholarship
- 1999, Jill Cropper 99', Awarded an NATA Foundation Scholarship
- 2003, Megan Woodruff, 03', Award NATA and GLATA Foundation Scholarships
- 2005, Michael Moore 05', awarded the OATA Exceptional Undergraduate Research Award
- 2005, Kyle Anderson 05', Awarded the Red Cross "Merit Award" for saving the life of a 13 year soccer athlete.
- 2006, State AT Quiz Bowl Champions, Ohio Athletic Trainers Association
- 2006, Kristin Stanton 06', awarded the OATA Exceptional Undergraduate Research Award
- 2007, Erika Goodwin, PhD, ATC, awarded the OATA Exceptional Research Award
- 2007 Kaitlyn Donohoe awarded an NATA Foundation Scholarship
- 2007, Amy Eichner 06', awarded the OATA Exceptional Undergraduate Research Award
- 2007, Erika Goodwin awarded the WC Distinguished Faculty Award
- 2008, Alex Rhinehart Awarded an NATA Foundation Scholarship
- 2008, Kaitlyn Donohoe and Jessica Murdock awarded the OATA Exceptional Undergraduate Research Awards,
- 2008, Kaitlyn Donohoe and Jessica Murdock, NATA research poster presentation finalist
- 2009, State AT Quiz Bowl Champions, Ohio Athletic Trainers Association
- 2009 District AT Quiz Bowl Champions, Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association
- 2009 National Athletic Trainers Association Quiz Bowl, 7th Place
- 2009 Alex Rhinehart 09' awarded the OATA Exceptional Undergraduate Research Award
Join us and you can be the next award winner from Wilmington College!