Austin Hall was begun in 1955 and completed in 1957. Construction was made possible by a generous gift from Albert Austin.
The building is named for Dr. G. M. Austin and his family. This residence hall adjoins Pickett Hall and can house about 100 men and women on separate floors. Austin Hall has laundry and lounge facilities, as well as vending machines.
Each student room is furnished with desks or study tables, chairs, beds, dressers, and wardrobe closets. Each student room also has telephone and basic cable TV hookups. Each floor has a communal bathroom.